RESCHEDULED TO MARCH 9, 2008...6PM - 8PM...DUE TO BAD WEATHER !!!!
Ringling Bros. Circus animals: Lifetime of cruelty, chains, cages, and bullhooks is all they know. Jumbo Video Screen depicting elephant training circus method.
" Sink that hook into 'em. When you hear that screaming, then you know you got their attention."
Circus Activists! Help educate the public about the cruelty, suffering, and death animals in Ringling Bros. Circus endure under the big top. After traveling in cramped box car trains for hours, the elephants and horses were forced to walk on the highway under dangerous conditions for both animals and public to the Izod Center in East Rutherford, NJ (Meadowlands). Here the endangered Asian female elephants will be chained and the tigers caged unless they are performing. Help is needed to hand out flyers and hold signs for the suffering animals in circuses!
What: Ringling Bros. Circus Demonstration
When: Saturday, March 8, 2008Time: 6:00PM-8:00PM
Where: Izod Center (formerly Continental Airlines Arena)50 State Route 120, East Rutherford,
All materials will be provided. Please RSVP to Claudia at email@example.com or any questions, Tel: (917) 664-0516.Thank you for helping the animals in circuses. Claudia EmersonNJ-ARA No Circus Animals-Campaign Coordinator Directions: http://www.meadowlands.com/directions.asp?navID=8
1. From the George Washington BridgeFollow Interstate 95 South signs to the New Jersey Turnpike south western spur (Sports Complex to exit 16W), which provides direct access to the Sports Complex parking areas.
2. From the Lincoln TunnelTake Route 3 West and follow the signs to the Sports Complex and Racetrack.
3. Traveling North on the New Jersey Turnpike Follow the Western Spur (Sports Complex to Exit 16W), which provides direct access to Sports Complex parking areas. If congested, use eastern spur (Lincoln Tunnel) to exit 16E to Route 3 West, follow directions above.
4. Traveling South on the Garden State Parkway Garden State Parkway South to exit 163 (Route 17). Follow Route 17 to Paterson Plank Road. Take Paterson Plank Road east to the Sports Complex.
5. Traveling North on the Garden State ParkwayGarden State Parkway North to exit 153A (Route 3). Follow Route 3 East to the Sports Complex.
6. From Holland Tunnel or Brooklyn-Staten Island Bridge Crossings: Take New Jersey Turnpike extension to the Turnpike North. Follow directions above. From Port Authority's 41st Street Bus Terminal in Manhattan For more information call (800) 772-2222